About Me

My photo
WELCOME to my little arty world! Trying to make art is a huge part of my life ... love nothing more than messing around with inks and sprays and generally making a mess!

Wednesday 1 February 2012

WOYWW 139

Although not entirely as I pictured them in my head I got the anniversary cards for this year finished ... 18 all the same so was able to get a little production line going and they didn't take too long at all.  
The longest time was spent "experimenting" to get the look I wanted and after playing around with distress inks trying to get the grungy look I love I decided to go for the crisp & clean look instead.  
I also decided against a red mat for any of the layers as I wanted the full impact of the red heart and glossy-accents has really made that heart stand out!  Was going to mount them onto a white opening card but I am favouring "post-card" style cards this year so what you see is what you get ... you just turn it over for the greeting.
Not sure what, if anything, I will be working on today yet ... once I figure it out you will be the first to know!!!!!  Happy WOYWW'ing everyone!




23 comments:

  1. ah Bette this is lovely - great work on the raised hear there! thanks so much for sharing. Happy WOYWW! Shaz in Oz. x #21

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there. Great to have a peek into your crafty world this morning thanks to the wonders of WOYWW! I think your card is lovely and the heart really pops out. I love glossy accents for this. I hope the rest of your week goes well too.
    Neil #48

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very striking card, Debbie, and I love that heart. I have to admit that I favour the crisp clean look of cards anyway, so that would suit me well. Hope the Vagabond story settles down and it behaves itself. xx Maggie #112

    ReplyDelete
  4. That heart is bursting with love. It's great.#110

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cool--I love the way that the heart pops on the card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, what a great desk, your card with the heart is lovely, the heart really stands out. Hope you enjoy your new vagabond with the new dies and folders you have bought. Have a lovely Wednesday. Laura

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, Debbie, they are favourite books by well loved authors. xx Maggie #112

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a really beautiful card, its gorgeous :)

    Have a fab WOYWW and a great week, Karen #108

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice stuff Debby, agree with you about the impact of the heart, really striking. Just read about your second vagabond...how honest you are!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card! Love the heart! Danielle#22

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's a really love card, the stamp looks like a tattoo with the red heart in the middle. I like to sprinkle a tiny amount of sparkly glitter into wet glossy accents too for a different effect.

    Hugs
    Brenda 115

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely card , Hope you have a great week and that your crafting goodies arrive soon so you can play Lou @#26

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love that heart Stunning card!! Have a great week, Hugs May x x x x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Debbie the heart on your card got my full attention...very striking...have a wonderful week...Mel :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your anniversary card, so sweet and simple
    Bridget #72

    ReplyDelete
  16. great contrast of the black and white with the glossy red heart! and have fun with your new vagabond! happy WOYWW, and thanks for sharing!
    hugs,
    peggy aplSEEDS

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fabulous anniversary card, and you can't go wrong with the Rockstar!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's got to be one of my favourite stamps! xXx

      Delete
  18. Fab card, love that stamp so much! Enjoy the working Vagabond, Judith xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is one of my all time favourite stamps too! xXx

      Delete
  19. I love that card...the red raise heart is fab!

    ReplyDelete
  20. great card, as you say clean and simple but it still has a grungy feel to it (my handyman hates me talking of grunge . . . he doesn't 'get' it )
    janet #6

    ReplyDelete
  21. That heart is just fabulous looking!
    I'm working my way through this weeks WOYWW - not even half way through yet!

    Sheena
    xxx

    ReplyDelete