About Me

My photo
WELCOME to my little arty world! Trying to make art is a huge part of my life ... love nothing more than messing around with inks and sprays and generally making a mess!

Wednesday 10 June 2015

Caravan Crafting

A first for me -  well, have knitted, crocheted or cross-stitched in the caravan for years and years of course but never thrown in my tote-bag-on-wheels-with-its-matching-tabletop-tote-bag-thingy before but needs must!

Heading off for the ALRC National Land Rover Rally (which our club, the MROC was hosting this year) but with a trip to the WOYWW crop down in Burbage and then up to attend the Finnabair workshops in Harrogate meant I needed to take stuff with me.

Proved useful as hubby was off helping prepare the site for the rally ... over 400 caravans can't just turn up without a little preparation you know ... so he erected signs and roped off this area and that area and generally ran around like a headless chicken and I sat all calm and collected, in my caravan, crafting.  Bliss!

So, roughly in chronological order ...  you take along whatever you fancy to work on to the crop so decided on a canvas.  A very new concept for me but am loving it ... have yet to really be pleased with any of my results but am not admitting defeat yet and Will Persevere!





I made a few wooden hearts too ... I do love making these.
Experimented with a different format but do not like it at all - might be the colours putting me off but am rethinking this design and will stick to my grunge-pasted efforts rather than plonking on a huge flutterby me thinks.

The first two are now stuffed in the cupboard probably never to see the light of day again ... but I might see if I can tweak them at some point.



This one I did as a gift to say thank you to one of our Land Rover friends.  Our 'fridge in the caravan decided to challenge us by not working (had just been shopping too so fifty quids worth of stuff ended up in the skip!!!) - anyway, word got around we were struggling and then appeared our friend with their cool box - and she came each morning with fresh ice packs she had frozen in her caravan for us and swapped them over ... couldn't have managed without that help! 


The husband of another Land Rover friend now caravans on his own as his wife has Alzheimers and - well, it is just desperately sad and cruel.  Jaquee was a joyous and bubbly loud lady whom was adored and is very much missed.  I chose bright and cheerful colours and asked Rob to take this to her - she no longer really remembers who any of us are but I certainly know who she is and she was one of life's special people who filled you with joy just by being with them.  


And then back to my preferred waxed and polished grunge paste in subtle muted tones ... this one made for a friend I was meeting at the Finnabair workshops and as a thank you to her for the endless questions leading up to the event.


Needed to make a "With Regret" but wanted something different so used my much loved Tim Holtz big butterfly to make a garland.
Oh yes, have also discovered Brushos ... all Maggie's (Silvercrafter) fault but I experimented and discovered you can dye your ribbon with them and I LOVED the effect so can't wait to make more of these.



Getting  a bit picture heavy so might blog the rest later ... it's a busy life being a crafter!

No comments:

Post a Comment