About Me

My photo
WELCOME to my little arty world! Trying to make art is a huge part of my life ... love nothing more than messing around with inks and sprays and generally making a mess!

Wednesday 17 June 2015

Wednesday again ... WOYWW 315

Haven't really got time to blog today so this will be short and sweet whilst my Gesso is drying!  

Desk as left it last night except for the pot of Gesso and freshly painted mini-canvas all ready to spritz and splatter and mist and sprinkle with colour ... the scary part I find where I still have to take a deep breath before taking that first squirt!


Box on the right is all ready and waiting to be sent off with a canvas in it ... hesitating to actually get it in the post as all sorts of negativity and worry flood my tiny wee brain ... 'twas a commissioned piece you see so all the "what if's" come into play ... it WILL be in the post today though so I shall have to practise Calming Thoughts until I hear back that it is ok.  SOoooo stressful.

Well, that Gesso looks dry to me so off to spritz and squirt ...
as you do on a Wednesday morning.

Happy WOYWW'ing fellow bloggers - and if you want to know what it is all about or take a peep into the wonderful world of us crafty bloggers then head to The Stamping Ground where all is made very clear.


10 comments:

  1. Debbie
    The sooner you send it, the sooner you will get good reports about it.
    RosA #33

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. Debbie stop worrying your work is gorgeous and I am sure you will get lots of praise for it. Don't stress - what is the worst that could happen? There can't possibly be anything 'wrong' with it, it's art. Even if someone doesn't like what you do ( strange though that would be) it's just their opinion and taste. I don't much care for Constable but it doesn't mean it's bad!!! Just do it!!
    Happy WOYWW Cindy #36 - see you in October?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can I just tell you that I used to have these doubts about sending off my bags etc that I'd made...but then Julia told me that when it's gone, it's gone. Don't worry about it. And so since then, I haven't! People love what you make and they really don't see the little bits that you and I obsess about, honestly, they don't. They just love the overall thing. So get that box in the post and enjoy the kudos that comes your way, cos your stuff is GORGEOUS!!!
    It would be fab to see you again in October, if you can make it!
    Hugs, LLJ 8 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Debbie, echoing what everyone else has said. And remember it was commissioned- so they've already seen and love what you do! Isn't the extra crop news fab? We will definitely be there, I don't care who in the family organises what this time, lol. Love & hugs, Shaz xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never been commissioned for anything, so I know your concern. BUT, they wouldn't have hired you if they didn't have faith in your ability. So, please stop worrying. All will be fine in the end. Happy WOYWW from # 5.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope by now your commission is on it;s way.. it will be perfect of course!! Have a great rest of the day.. Helen 2

    ReplyDelete
  7. If they don't like the canvas then they don't have taste Lol! Have a great week and a happy woyww, Angela xXx 26

    ReplyDelete
  8. ah Debbie am sure it will answer the need perfectly after all your lovely work which came downunder from the WOYWW crop haven't been over to thank you for my ATC and the tag too so very kind as I had not doe any!
    I know it hard with commissions, though! thanks again for sharing... not just the post today, but most of all for sending some downunder with Julia's mail. I haven't been well so was really touched by it all.
    Happy belated WOYWW! Shaz in Oz.x #60

    {Shaz in Oz – Calligraphy Cards}

    ReplyDelete
  9. How did the spritzing go? To your liking?
    Don't worry about sending your canvas. the people that commissioned you, they must like your work otherwise they wouldn't have given you the commision... But thanks for sharing you concerns and worries.
    Have a great week,
    Lisca#18

    ReplyDelete
  10. You wouldn't be the great artist you are if you didn't feel apprehension. But you were commissioned because you are talented and your work is always so beautifully done! Looking forward to seeing what happens with the mini canvas on your desk. Again, thank you for the gorgeous tag and ATC. The tag has been added to my new tag journal. Diane #34

    ReplyDelete